It’s been nearly a decade since The All-American Rejects have toured and we have been crying in our cars to “Dirty Little Secret” patiently awaiting their return to the stage. All of that changed today with the announcement of the “Wet Hot All American Summer” tour. As if it wasn’t awesome enough to have The Rejects back, they really put the cherry on top with the support line up. New Found Glory, The Starting Line, Motion City Soundtrack and The Get Up Kids will be joining to make all of our nostalgic emo dreams come true.
The band took to instagram today to announce the tour along with a promo video that is a nice trip down memory lane. They shared the humorous note:
“We’ve been trying to get out on the road in a proper way for the last few years. We finally realized after playing When We Were Young that the world was ready to pull out of their “guilty pleasure chest” and celebrate the soundtrack of their youth. When New Found Glory, The Starting Line, Motion City Soundtrack and The Get Up Kids signed on, the feeling was ‘This is a celebration of summers gone by.’ It’s time to embrace the cumulative joy of growing up. First we got you to “Swing Swing,” then we became your “Dirty Little Secret,” and you thought “It Would End Tonight” so we could “Move Along,” then we “Gave You Hell” for denying the fact that we’re the band you listened to your entire lives, whether you liked it or not..“
The All-American Rejects have been a staple in the alternative world since their self-titled release in 2002. They are most notably known for their 2005 album Move Along, featuring hits like “It Ends Tonight“, “Dirty Little Secret“, and “Move Along” but some would say they hit their peak with “Gives You Hell” from their 2008 album When The World Comes Down. However, the band has remained active over the last decade, dropping singles like “Sweat“, “Me Vs. The World” and “Gen Why? (DGAF)” that stand strong next to their previous work.
Check out the dates below.
- Jun 16 – Kansas City, KS – Phase Fest
- Aug 11 – Tampa, FL – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre*
- Aug 12 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheater^
- Aug 14 – Raleigh, NC – Red Hat Amphitheatre*
- Aug 15 – Holmdel, NJ – PNC Bank Arts Center^
- Aug 17 – Philadelphia, PA – Skyline Stage at the Mann^
- Aug 18 – Boston, MA – MGM Music Hall at Fenway*
- Aug 19 – Bridgeport, CT – Hartford HealthCare Amphitheater*
- Aug 21 – Darien Center, NY – Darien Lake Amphitheater*
- Aug 22 – Sterling Heights, MI – Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre @ Freedom Hill*
- Aug 24 – Indianapolis, IN – TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park*
- Aug 25 – Nashville, TN – Nashville Municipal Auditorium*
- Aug 27 – Minneapolis, MN – The Armory*
- Sep 22 – Denver, CO – Fillmore Auditorium!
- Sep 23 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Great Saltair Amphitheater!
- Sep 25 – Spokane, WA – Northern Quest Amphitheater!
- Sep 26 – Auburn, WA – White River Amphitheatre!
- Sep 27 – Ridgefield, WA – RV Inn Style Resorts Amphitheater!
- Sep 29 – Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre!
- Sep 30 – Wheatland, CA – Toyota Amphitheatre!
- Oct 02 – Bakersfield, CA – Mechanics Bank Theater!
- Oct 03 – Los Angeles, CA – YouTube Theater!
- Oct 06 – San Diego, CA – Gallagher Square at Petco Park!
- Oct 07 – Phoenix, AZ – Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre!
- Oct 08 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater!
- Oct 10 – Rogers, AR – Walmart AMP!
- Oct 12 – Houston, TX – 713 Music Hall!
- Oct 14 – Oklahoma City, OK – Zoo Amphitheatre!
* = With Support From New Found Glory, The Starting Line, The Get Up Kids
^ = With Support From New Found Glory, The Get Up Kids
! = With Support From New Found Glory, Motion City Soundtrack, The Get Up Kids
It’s time to dust off your checkered vans, dig the skinny jeans out of your closet, and plug in the straightener because tickets go on sale this Friday, April 7th and can be purchased here.