Sophie Powers has released her first piece of music since signing with Atlantic Records in partnership with TAG Music, the new label from Gabe Saporta, who you will know from Midtown and Cobra Starship. And it’s a big bold statement of glitching intent.
It’s called “Nosebleed” and is a razor-sharp piece of modern alt-pop intricacy and intensity. An all-consuming beat, a total earworm of a melody, and a damning takedown of growing up in modern life, it is as personal as it is powerful.
Sophie had this to say about it and what it represents:
“Music was my outlet during some really dark times. If I can be that outlet and help other kids navigate what I went through, that’s all I want as an artist.”
Sophie is set to support Waterparks on a selection of dates on their INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY tour in June. Here are the dates:
- June 2 – Lake Buena Vista, FL – House of Blues Orlando
- June 3 – Tampa, FL – Jannus Live
- June 4 – New Orleans, LA – House of Blues New Orleans
- June 6 – Houston, TX – Warehouse Live
- June 7 – Austin, TX – Emo’s Austin
- June 8 – Dallas, TX – The Studio at The Factory
- June 10 – Phoenix, AZ – The Van Buren
- June 11 – San Diego, CA – The Observatory North Park
- June 13 – Los Angeles, CA – The Fonda Theatre
- June 14 – Los Angeles, CA – The Fonda Theatre