Last month, Trophy Eyes announced their new album Suicide and Sunshine with the release of two new tracks “Blue Eyed Boy” and “What Hurts the Most“. This new album will mark their first full-length release in nearly five years. It is set to drop via Hopeless Records on June 23rd. Today, the band have shared the third single from the upcoming album, “Kill“.
Trophy Eyes kick off the song with a driving companionship between just drums and bass before the droning vocals join in. The verses feel a bit more reserved, saving space for the eruption that comes when the chorus hits. “Sometimes we love what we kill / Sometimes we kill what we love”, screams vocalist John Floreani. Maybe it’s just us, but we think this is the strongest single yet. We can’t wait to see what the rest of the album holds.
The band have also shared an official lyric video for “Kill” that you can watch right here!
- May 18 – Virginia Beach, VA – Scandals Live
- May 19 – Pittsburgh, PA – Preserving Underground
- May 20 – Louisville, KY – Zanzabar
- May 21 – St. Louis, MO – Red Flag
- May 23 – Indianapolis, IN – Deluxe At Old National Centre
- May 24 – Nashville, TN – The End