Asking Alexandria are heading straight towards a new era in some style. They are scheduled to release their new album, Where Do We Go From Here, this Summer via Better Noise Music. And based on the teaser tracks that they are sharing now, it’s going to be an all-encompassing epic. Pulling from every piece of their story to date, they are intent on making every sort of fan happy in some way.
To up the ante, they have shared two new tracks, and they are pretty amazing. First up, there’s “Psycho”. An off-kilter piece of rock and roll rage that leaps and bounds between head-mangling noise and stark soul. It’s modern hard rock wrapped in classic post-hardcore brute force.
And then there is “Bad Blood”, which is just a straight-up bruiser. Pushing all of the heaviest buttons the band have at their disposal and forcing them down your throat, it is quintessential Asking in all the best ways. And anybody who has missed those incredible Danny Worsnop screams, you’re in for a treat. Furious, fun and fantastically dramatic, it’s a throwback as much as it is a step forward.
Guitarist Ben Bruce had this to say about it:
“‘Psycho’ is one of those songs that is talking about when you feel trapped inside your own head. Trapped by your own vices and your own downfalls. Whether it’s being stuck in a relationship that doesn’t work for you, or feeling like you can’t stop drinking or doing drugs, or maybe you’re stuck in a job that you hate, and you’re just battling yourself in your own head wondering ‘why am I still here? Why do I keep doing these things?’.
Ultimately, at the end of the day we all feel a little bit crazy…a little bit like a Psycho. It’s just a fun song that we can all relate to. Stylistically we thought to ourselves, ‘how do we make a song that sounds like it could live on the ‘Like A House On Fire’ album but also like it could live on the ‘From Death to Destiny’ album?’. So musically, from a writing standpoint, it was a really enjoyable experience to meld those two eras of Asking Alexandria together and see what that might look like.”
Both tracks come after “Dark Void”, which the band shared last month to a rapturous reaction. Asking Alexandria will hit the road for a huge tour. They will be co-headlining with The Hu, and also be joined by Bad Wolves and Zero 9:36. Here are all the dates:
- Aug 30 – San Antonio, TX @ Boeing Center at Tech Port
- Sept 01 – Dallas, TX @ The Factory In Deep Ellum
- Sept 03 – Houston, TX @ 713 Music Hall
- Sept 05 – Atlanta, GA @ The Eastern
- Sept 07 – Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live
- Sept 08 – Philadelphia, PA @ Franklin Music Hall
- Sept 11 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5
- Sept 12 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
- Sept 13 – Bethlehem, PA @ The Wind Creek Event Center
- Sept 15 – Harrisburg, PA @ Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center
- Sept 16 – Johnstown, PA @ 1st Summit Arena at Cambria County War Memorial
- Sept 17 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
- Sept 19 – Cleveland, OH @ TempleLive
- Sept 20 – Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
- Sept 22 – Ft Wayne, IN @ Piere’s Entertainment Center
- Sept 25 – Chesterfield, MO @ The Factory
- Sept 26 – Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- Sept 27 – Greenbay, WI @ EPIC Event Center
- Sept 29 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave/ Eagles Club
- Oct 01 – Council Bluffs, IA @ Harrah’s Stir Cove
- Oct 03 – Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- Oct 04 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Union
- Oct 07 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Industrial Sound
- Oct 08 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern