Listen Up! This time on episode 670, there’s lots of news to report. A woman in San Francisco called police on a person of color for writing BLM on the front retaining wall using chalk, now her Beauty Care line is getting canceled. The SCOTUS ruled to protect LGBTQ+ rights, they don’t however discuss qualified immunity. North Korea is deteriorating relations with South Korea, the FDA has updated its COVID-19 drug treatment options and in Florida, a woman was fired for refusing to lie on the official state website about Coronavirus numbers. Plus, It’s day 5 of the 21 day challenge by Dr. Eddie Moore Jr. His website has a list of questions he wants to use to prompt you on a noticing adventure.
- Who are your ten closest friends? What is the racial mix in this group?
- As you move through the day, what’s the racial composition of the people around you? On your commute? At the coffee shop you go to? At the gym? At your workplace? At the show you go on the weekend?
- What percentage of the day are you able to be with people of your own racial identity?
- Notice how much of your day you are speaking about racism. Who are you engaging with on these issues? Who are you not? Why do you think this is?
- What are the last five books you read? What is the racial mix of the authors?
- What is the racial mix of the main characters in your favorite TV shows? Movies?
- Who is filling what kinds of jobs/social roles in your world? (e.g. Who’s the store manager and who’s stocking the shelves? Who’s waiting on tables and who’s busing the food?) Can you correlate any of this to racial identity?
- Who do you notice on magazine covers? What roles are people of color filling in these images?
The Brett Davern Show is streamed LIVE daily at 10am (eastern) 7am (pacific) on idobi Radio at http://idobi.com.
Follow Brett on social media @BDavv, Katie : @KatieLeclerc, the show @BrettDavernShow
Podcast: Play in new window | Download