The hit series The O.C. is becoming known as a hotbed for indie music promotion. Appearances on the show by bands such as The Killers and Modest Mouse have led to increased sales in a genre the industry has pretty much left for dead. Now the show’s expert soundtrackers have put together a new installment of their successful compilation series.
This new CD will be the fourth from the show – the previous three all came out last year. The O.C.: Mix 4 is set to come out on April 5.
The new comp’s biggest score may be “Scarecrow” by Beck. The song is on Beck’s upcoming CD, Guero. Also, Matt Pond PA covers Oasis’ “Champagne Supernova” on the disc.
The rest of the CD features songs from Vancouver’s A.C. Newman, Modest Mouse and Pinback. There is also a track from Reindeer Section – a side-project of Snow Patrol singer Gary Lightbody. The previous three discs have sold 405,000 copies combined in the U.S.
The tracks on The O.C.: Mix 4 are as follows:
- “Decent Days And Nights” – The Futureheads
- “Goodnight And Go” – Imogen Heap
- “Fortress” – Pinback
- “On The Table” – A.C. Newman
- “To Be Alone With You” – Sufjan Stevens
- “Play” – Flunk
- “Scarecrow” – Beck
- “The View” – Modest Mouse
- “Hardcore Days & Softcore Nights” – Aqueduct
- “Cartwheels” – Reindeer Section
- “Eve, The Apple Of My Eye” – Bell X1
- “Champagne Supernova” – Matt Pond PA