While most of us will spend December shopping for gifts and whipping up eggnog, Mos Def will be out on the road, spreading the word about The New Danger.
The Emmy-nominated MC will begin a tour in support of his new album on December 4 in St. Louis, and wrap things up in Orlando, Florida, on December 18. More dates are expected to be added.
Mos will leave the trek briefly on December 15 to attend the premiere of his latest film, “The Woodsman.” The drama, which also stars Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick and Eve, is due in select theaters on December 24.
Also on the film front, Mos’ next project, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” is due in theaters on March 6. The feature, which co-stars Martin Freeman (“The Office), Sam Rockwell (“Charlie’s Angels”) and Zooey Deschanel (“Elf”), is based on the Douglas Adams book about an unlucky protagonist, Arthur Dent (Freeman), who travels the galaxy with his friend Ford Perfect, played by Mos Def.
According to reports, Mos is in talks for roles in both “A Confederacy of Dunces” and “The Italian Job II.” His publicist could not confirm his appearance in either film.
Dates for the Mos Def tour, according to his publicist:
- 12/4 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
- 12/5 – Chicago, IL – House of Blues
- 12/6 – Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall
- 12/7 – Detroit, MI – Royal Oak Music Theater
- 12/8 – Washington, DC – 9:30 Club
- 12/16 – Atlanta, GA – Earthlink Live
- 12/17 – Fort Lauderdale, FL – Revolution
- 12/18 – Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live