Monsta X are the next K-pop group you need to know. They’ve just hit the US Billboard charts and your ears + hearts are their next target. Their new EP, The Connect: Dejavu, is their not-so-secret weapon. The band’s latest video for their single “Jealousy” is insanely catchy and will hook you in so completely you’ll be ready for more. And those dance performances? Damn.
Lucky for you, Monsta X are headed to the US for a string of dates in July, which you can check out below along with the video. Of course, we couldn’t leave you without throwing in two cents from our resident K-pop lovin’ Geek Girl Rioters Mel N and Makeeya about the new track. Read on and let us know your thoughts about “Jealousy” and Monsta X on Twitter!
“I feel as if ‘Jealousy’ flawlessly blends the sounds of yesterday into a new modern dance song of today. While listening—very loudly I might add—I feel a bit of a late 80’s, early 90’s vibe but it doesn’t sound old…far from it, ‘Jealousy’ is new and fresh.” – Mel
Makeeya kept it a bit more simple, proclaiming “Jealousy”: “Is a bop!”
- July 20 – Chicago, IL – Rosemont Theater
- July 22 – Newark, NJ – New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- July 25 – Atlanta, GA – Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
- July 27 – Dallas, TX – Verizon Theatre
- July 29 – Houston, TX – Smart Financial Centre
- August 1 – San Francisco, CA – Warfield Theater
- August 3 – Los Angeles, CA – Microsoft Theater