The Foo Fighters will replace Guns N’ Roses in the May 30 headlining slot at the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon.
Guns N’ Roses last month pulled out of its planned performance at the event, citing the departure of guitarist Buckethead. The performance would have made GNR the first act to perform three times at the festival. Buckethead is already in the midst of a solo tour opening for Particle.
Rock in Rio will stretch over two weekends, May 28-30 and June 4-6 in the Portuguese city’s Bela Vista Parque.
The Foo Fighters will top a “World Stage” bill that also boasts Evanescence, Kings Of Leon, Charlie Brown Jr. and e Xutos & Pontapes. The event will host several other stages dedicated to world, roots and electronic music, as well as a space for debate in the “Better World” tent.
The Foo Fighters’ Rock in Rio performance will be preceded by appearances April 30 in Nashville, May 1 in Atlanta and May 2 in Memphis.
Here Is Rock In Rio’s World Stage Lineup:
- May 28 – Paul McCartney – news
- May 29 – Peter Gabriel – news, Ben Harper – news & the Innocent Criminals, Jet, Gilberto Gil, Rui Veloso
- May 30 – Foo Fighters, Evanescence, Kings of Leon, Charlie Brown Jr., Xutos e Pontapes
- June 4 – Metallica – news – web sites, Slipknot, Incubus, Sepultura, Moonspell
- June 5 – Britney Spears – news, Sugababes, Black Eyed Peas, Nuno Norte, Joao Pedro Pais
- June 6 – Sting, Alejandro Sanz – news, Alicia Keys – news, Ivete Sangalo, Luis Represas.