Hard rock band AC/DC has extended its Black Ice tour of North America into early 2009. New dates begin December 20 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and run through January 31 in Nashville.
Tickets go on sale Saturday. Eighteen previously announced shows have already sold out, according to the band’s label, Columbia.
The tour is in support of a new album of the same name, due October 21 exclusively via Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores and AC/DC’s Web site.
“Black Ice” won’t be the only AC/DC title available exclusively at Wal-Mart. In November, the retailer will be the only U.S. source for “AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack,” a special edition of the popular video game devoted to the veteran Australian band. In December, the game will be available through multiple retailers in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
“AC/DC Live” includes 18 songs from the band’s DVD “Live at Donnington.” This will be the first “Rock Band” version focused on one group. “Guitar Hero” already has an Aerosmith game and is planning another centered on Metallica.
Here are AC/DC’s new tour dates:
- December 20: Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (Bank Atlantic Center)
- December 21: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)
- January 5: Cleveland (Quicken Loans Arena)
- January 7: Pittsburgh (Mellon Arena)
- January 9: Toronto (Rogers Center)
- January 11: Cincinnati (U.S. Bank Arena)
- January 13: St. Louis (Scottrade Center)
- January 15: Omaha, Neb. (Qwest Center)
- January 17: Fargo, N.D. (Fargodome)
- January 19: Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center)
- January 21: Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)
- January 23: Dallas (American Airlines Center)
- January 26: Tulsa, Okla. (BOK Center)
- January 28: Little Rock, Ark. (Alltel Arena)
- January 30: Memphis (FedEx Forum)
- January 31: Nashville (Sommet Center)