A Static Lullaby are a California-based hard rock band that are hard to categorize. Sometimes fitting into in the emo or punk category and dabbling with shrill screams and metal guitars, the group’s influences are equally based in hardcore and emotional melodic music, teetering o n the brink of brutality while acknowledging their sensitive side. We’re not even going to try to pigeon-hole them – you’ll have to go see them for yourselves. And luckily, if you live between London, Ontario and Vancouver, BC, you’ll have your chance over the next couple of weeks.
ASL will appeal to fans of bands like At The Drive-In and Alexisonfire, but also to followers of heavier bands like Hatebreed and Killswitch Engage. The band has only been together two years and have already shared a stage with artists like Glassjaw, In Flames, Snapcase, Finch and Andrew WK.
The band is on tour in support of their debut full-length album …And Don’t Forget To Breathe, along with the bands 18 Visions and Strung Out. You can catch A Static Lullaby at the following dates.
- August 26 – London, ON – Call The Office
- August 27 – Toronto, ON – Phoenix Concert Theatre
- August 28 – Sudbury, ON – The Serbian Centre
- August 29 – Thunder Bay, ON – The Capitol Theatre on Brodie St.
- August 30 – Winnipeg, MB – West End Cultural Centre
- September 2 – Saskatoon, SK – Louis’ Pub
- September 3 – Edmonton, AB – Red’s
- September 4 – Calgary, AB – MacEwan Hall Ballroom
- September 5 – Vancouver, BC – Croatian Cultural Centre