Preceded by the 2022 LP Apocalypse Whenever and collab with PVRIS “Maybe You Saved Me,” the new song sees vocalist Christo Bowman examining the hardships that come with ending a relationship: his own one with alcohol. “Forgot who I am, so I swam in the ocean/I fuck up the plan, just to feel some emotion/Drink all that I can, like I want to be broken/I don’t give a damn, when I’m lost in the moment,” he sings.
When describing the lyrics, Bowman shared, “Newly free from the shackles of a long, sordid entanglement with addiction, I surveyed the landscape of my life in that moment, and I let my pen get to work. With this song, I bid farewell to a tragic romance with alcohol, and a new odyssey unfolds.”
Check out the blue-tinged music video for “The One I Used To Love” below.
In a recent Instagram post, the often-shirtless Bowman made a joke about his music video outfit, saying, “I finally put a shirt on, but only on the condition that it’s see-through.”
Bad Suns are currently on a stellar run with The Band Camino this fall alongside Charlotte Sands and TheWldlfe. See below for all of the upcoming dates on the remainder of the tour, and grab your tickets here.
- Sept. 26—Phoenix, AZ @ Arizona Financial Theatre
- Sept. 27—Los Angeles, CA @ Shrine Auditorium
- Sept. 28—San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- Sept. 30—Orem, UT @ UCCU Center
- Oct. 2—Denver, CO @ Mission Ballroom
- Oct. 4—Omaha, NE @ Steelhouse Omaha
- Oct. 6—Kansas City, MO @ Arvest Band Theatre At The Midland
- Oct. 7—Minneapolis, MN @ Armory
- Oct. 8—Chicago, IL @ Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom
- Oct. 10—Montreal, CA @ Mtelus
- Oct. 13—Grand Rapids, MI @ GLC Live @ 20 Monroe
- Oct. 14—Madison, WI @ The Sylvee
- Oct. 16—Columbus, OH @ Kemba Live!
- Oct. 17—Louisville, KY @ Old Forester’s Paristown Hall
- Oct. 19—Columbia, SC @ Township Auditorium
- Oct. 20—Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy
- Oct. 21—Nashville, TN @ Nashville Municipal Auditorium