Suit Settled Vs. Limp Bizkit's Durst

By | November 27, 2002 at 12:00 AM

Limp Bizkit front man Fred Durst settled a $5 million battery lawsuit filed by a former lighting technician who claimed he hit her and broke her nose during the “Anger Management” tour, their lawyers confirmed Tuesday.

Terms of the settlement, reach last month, were not released.

“It’s a confidential settlement, and they’re going on with their lives,” said Connie Paulson’s attorney, Lawrence Ecoff.

Paulson sued Durst in November 2001 in Los Angeles Superior Court. She alleged the singer had a “fit of rage” and threw a microphone that hit her in the face as she was dismantling lights after a Dec. 3, 2000, concert in Birmingham, Alabama.

Paulson said she suffered a broken nose, two black eyes and a broken front tooth, and will require future plastic surgery.

Related Content