Since the 2001 release of Slayer’s acclaimed album God Hates Us All, the band has been busy recording, receiving awards and garnering nominations. Kerry King is currently featured on “What We’re All About,” the Sum 41 track from the highly-anticipated Spider-Man soundtrack (out April 30 on Columbia).
MTV aired a “Making Of The Video,” for the song, and the video is in rotation on the network.
Slayer will perform “Bloodline” from God Hates Us All April 29 on the ESPN Show “Mohr Sports.” This airs 9:30pm PST and 12:30am EST on the ESPN network. Slayer was just named the “BMX Music Artist of the Year;” they received the award at the ESPN Action Sports & Music Awards (which aired last week). The band was nominated for a Grammy award this year for “Disciple” from God Hates Us All as well.
Slayer returns to the road in April and May in the U.S. with original drummer Dave Lombardo. The band will also headline several major European festivals and will participate on some of the European Ozzfest shows this summer.
Confirmed US Dates Thus Far Include:
- 4/30 San Diego 4th and Broadway
- 5/1 Anaheim, CA Star of Anaheim
- 5/2 Anaheim, CA Star of Anaheim
- 5/4 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theater
- 5/5 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theater
- 5/7 Lubbock, TX The Pavilion
- 5/8 Dallas, TX Bronco Bowl
- 5/10 Orlando, FL House of Blues
- 5/11 Boynton Beach, FL Orbit Night Club
- 5/12 Tampa, FL Masquerade