Simple Plan, the Donnas and Bowling For Soup are among the acts that have contributed songs to the “Freaky Friday” soundtrack, due July 29 on Hollywood Records.
The soundtrack features several cover songs: Simple Plan’s remake of the Turtles’ hit “Happy Together,” Bowling For Soup’s rendition of Britney Spears’ “…Baby One More Time,” pop/rock band Lillix’s cover of the Romantics’ “What I Like About You” and the late Joey Ramone’s version of Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World.”
The Donnas offer the previously unreleased track “Backstage.” Other acts on the album include American Hi-Fi, Andrew W.K. and Diffuser.
Walt Disney Pictures’ “Freaky Friday,” a comedy about a mother and teenage daughter who switch bodies, opens Aug. 6 in U.S. theaters. The film is a remake of the 1976 movie of the same name.
Kelly Osbourne had been cast as a supporting character but dropped out of the film last year, citing personal reasons. Christina Vidal replaced Osbourne in the movie, which stars Jamie Lee Curtis as the mother and Lindsay Lohan as the daughter. Lohan and Vidal each have songs on the soundtrack.
Here Is The Track Listing To The “Freaky Friday” Soundtrack (Order Not Finalized):
- “Happy Together,” Simple Plan,
- “…Baby One More Time,” Bowling For Soup
- “Backstage,” the Donnas
- “What I Like About You,” Lillix
- “Ultimate,” Lindsay Lohan
- “Take Me Away,” Christina Vidal
- “I Wonder,” Diffuser
- “Brand New Day,” Forty Foot Echo
- “Make Me Cry,” Ashlee Simpson – news
- “Me Vs. the World,” Halo Friendlies
- “The Art of Losing,” American Hi-Fi
- “She Is Beautiful,” Andrew W.K.
- “What a Wonderful World,” Joey Ramone
- “Beauty Queen,” Lash
- “Fortune Cookie,” Rolfe Kent