December 07, 2004 09:30 AM
US Eastern Timezone
Musicmatch Introduces Musicmatch Jukebox 10 with Greater Music Discovery, Management and Performance
SAN DIEGO-(BUSINESS WIRE)-Dec. 7, 2004-Musicmatch, a Yahoo! company and leader in personalized music software and services, today announced Musicmatch® Jukebox 10, which offers several performance improvements for enhancing popular tasks, discovering new music and managing large libraries. With a new range of user-friendly music library, playlist generation, and portable device controls, Musicmatch Jukebox 10 gives users an easy-to-use yet powerful jukebox to manage and enjoy their music.
“We are extremely proud to introduce music fans to the new Musicmatch Jukebox, as it showcases popular and innovative features that will provide them with maximum flexibility for enjoying music on their terms,” said Dave Goldberg, vice president and general manager, Music, Yahoo!. “Yahoo! is committed to giving our users a broad and unparalleled suite of music products and services and we will continue to focus on further developments to better their music experience on the Web and beyond.”
New Features and Functionality in Musicmatch Jukebox 10
The following are just some of the new features and performance enhancements included in Musicmatch Jukebox 10:
Ultimate Power to Organize and Play Music
– Large Library Support. The Musicmatch Music Library has been overhauled to expertly handle larger music libraries with ease. From 100 tracks to 100,000, Musicmatch provides the tools to manage your music.
– Smarter Library. New built-in feedback information on tracks, times and size of selected tracks and playlists delivers a continually updated view of your music. Further optimization allows the library to perform tasks in the background, and update music links automatically.
– New Library Views. Drag and drop columns to rearrange them, or simply right-click to choose which of the 39 columns you want to hide or display. Upgrade to Jukebox Plus and create your own Custom Views based on numerous criteria and filters.
– Deeper Tagging. Tag your tracks with many new information fields, including personal ratings, featured artists and ten new classical music fields. New custom fields provide you with even more flexibility for managing your music.
– Direct Library Editing. Whether you are editing tags for your Musicmatch Downloads or On Demand tracks, in-place editing allows you to make changes directly in your music library. Plus, drag and drop tagging makes updating tracks tags even easier.
– Export to Spreadsheet. Musicmatch Jukebox Plus will allow users to export their library track list to a spreadsheet or text file for increased music file organization.
More Powerful Music Discovery and Playlist Creation
– New AutoDJ. An all-new AutoDJ offers the easiest way to automatically create the perfect playlist and discover new music. Using the Musicmatch Music Discovery Engine, the new AutoDJ can create custom playlists from your library, the On Demand Service or both. Simply type in a few of your favorite artists, and AutoDJ does the rest. Further fine-tune your results by setting playlist size, track popularity, release date and mix diversity. AutoDJ now has expanded selection criteria and the ability to create mixes based on size, time or number of tracks.
– New Playlist Manager. Manage playlists easier and faster by viewing them alongside your library or our full online music catalog. Create playlists by dragging and dropping tracks from your library, the Musicmatch On Demand service or Music Store.
– New Custom Station Creator. Musicmatch Premium Radio features a new Custom Station Creator that plugs into the Musicmatch Music Discovery Engine to help you quickly build the perfect station based on several criteria, such as related artists, eras or over 200 genres.
Faster and Easier to Use
– New Dynamic Search and Navigation Tools. Easily find music in your library by simply typing a few letters of your favorite artist, album or track – each new keystroke will narrow your displayed results to find your music faster.
– Navigate Faster. Musicmatch Jukebox 10 and all the accompanying music services start up and display faster than ever before. Sort tracks, switch views and navigate your music twice as fast with Musicmatch Jukebox 10.
– Better Design. A simple layout, persistent tools button, redesigned library icons and new skin color themes allow you to expertly manage your music in no time and listen to your favorite music faster.
Superior Portable Device Management
– Improved Portable Device Manager. The Portable Device Manager features a brand new Portable Device Wizard that allows you to set up the perfect sync profile for your portable music player, including separate profiles for different devices with different capacities.
– Duplicate Track Finder. Musicmatch Jukebox Plus users can maximize the space on their portable devices using the new Duplicate Track Finder tool to make sure that no disk space is being used up by duplicate tracks.
Pricing & Availability
Musicmatch Jukebox 10 and all Musicmatch services can be accessed by downloading the free version of Musicmatch Jukebox from www.musicmatch.com. Musicmatch Jukebox Plus, which offers faster ripping and burning speeds and unique features like Super Tagging, is available for $19.99. Musicmatch® On Demand is available for $7.95 per month (annual subscription) or individual tracks can be purchased through the Musicmatch® Music Store for $0.99 cents each (most albums are $9.99).
Musicmatch, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yahoo! Inc., is a leader in music software and services, helping people find, manage, enjoy and buy music that best matches their unique tastes. The company invented the digital jukebox concept in 1997 and since then has registered more than 60 million users of its best-selling Musicmatch® Jukebox. Musicmatch has three popular music services, which include the Musicmatch® On Demand streaming music subscription service, the easiest way to create the perfect playlist; the Musicmatch® Music Store, the easiest way to discover and buy music; and Musicmatch Radio, featuring the world’s most popular Internet radio station. With more than 800,000 songs available in its ever-expanding catalog, Musicmatch gives music lovers the freedom to enjoy music on their terms. For additional information, visit www.musicmatch.com.
Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! is the No. 1 Internet brand globally and the most trafficked Internet destination worldwide. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Yahoo!’s global network includes 25 world properties and is available in 13 languages.
Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logo are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc.
All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.