‘Resolve’ CD Earnings to Be Donated; Patriotic Songs Available Free To All Commercial Radio Stations Via Special MP3.com Page
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire/ – With the click of a mouse, visitors to MP3.com (www.mp3.com) can donate funds that will assist victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C.
Major recording artists, independent musicians and commercial radio networks alike are tapping the global reach of MP3.com to generate funds for the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund and other organizations.
MP3.com – which features more than 168,000 artists from 188 countries and hosts visitors from 240 countries worldwide – is providing several options for those who want to contribute to the relief efforts.
The “America’s Resolve” CD (www.mp3.com/americasresolve) is a compilation CD of patriotic music by artists on MP3.com who asked to contribute to relief efforts. The 13 tracks on the CD are from musical genres such as country, electronic, jazz, pop & rock and more.
“America’s Resolve” is available as a physical MP3.com CD, with all tracks in both standard audio and MP3 formats, for $15.99. The disk can be played in home stereo systems, computer CD-ROM drives and portable CD/MP3 players. It is also available for $12 as a netCD (www.mp3.com/cdprogram/ ), an online version with all tracks immediately added to the buyer’s My.MP3 account (http://my.mp3.com) for instant playback.
The America’s Resolve Station page (www.mp3.com/stations/americasresolve) features many of the tracks on the “America’s Resolve” CD, plus others selected by members of the MP3.com content-management team. Artists appearing on the CD have agreed to designate all or some of their Payback for Playback earnings to the Red Cross. Whenever a visitor listens to the track, it counts toward MP3.com’s Payback for Playback (www.mp3.com/payback/ ) promotion, where Premium Artists (www.mp3.com/premium/ ) can accrue earnings based on song plays and other criteria.
In addition, all songs on the America’s Resolve Station are available free to all commercial radio stations that want to link to the page from their web sites. Many radio networks have already linked and are encouraging their stations and others to join the effort. Among them are:
Atlanta-based Cox Radio Inc. stations in Tulsa, Oklahoma: KRMG (news-talk), KWEN (country), KRAV (adult contemporary), KJSR (classic rock) and KRTQ (rock).
Wilmington, Delaware-based Delmarva Broadcasting stations in that city: WDEL (news-talk), WSTW (contemporary hits) and WXCY (country).
Las Vegas-based Citadel Communications Corp. stations in Providence, Rhode Island: WPRO (contemporary hits), WWLI (adult contemporary) and WZRA (’80s hits).
“The thoughtless assault on our country has created a sense of despair and fear, and the nation is comforted by a rising sense of patriotism,” said C.R. “Cy” Valanejad, marketing director of Cox Radio Inc., Tulsa. “MP3.com has been able to rise to the occasion and provide the web community a mix of Americana with the America’s Resolve site.”
MP3.com continues assisting site visitors by posting a link at the top of its home page that transports users to the American Red Cross’ San Diego-Imperial Counties Chapter web site. The site lets visitors donate to relief efforts online, by telephone, credit card, postal mail and other methods. The link, found at the upper right corner of MP3.com, will remain posted until Friday, September 21.
“The September 11 terrorist attack on American soil has stiffened the resolve of conscientious people all over the world,” said Robin Richards, chairman and chief executive officer of MP3.com. “We are humbled and gratified that the Internet can serve as a mechanism to bring so much relief, comfort, support and inspiration to those who need it. And we marvel at the community of artists who continue to donate their time and talents for the benefit of those touched by this grievous tragedy.”
The Playlist For The CD Is As Follows:
- 1. Pop & rock artist Fisher – www.mp3.com/Fisher – “I Will Love You – America Remembers”
- 2. Country artist Eric Horner – www.mp3.com/EricHorner – “We Will Stand – 9-11-2001 Tribute”
- 3. Five-string fretted bass player Norm Stockton – www.mp3.com/Norm_Stockton – “The Star Spangled Banner”
- 4. Pop & rock trio 3Prayers – www.mp3.com/3Prayers – “Amazing Grace”
- 5. Easy-listening pianist Victor Labenske – www.mp3.com/VictorLabenske – “America! Medley”
- 6. World/folk guitarist Roger McGuinn – www.mp3.com/mcguinn – “Star Spangled Banner”
- 7. Pop & rock musician Willie Nile – www.mp3.com/willienile – “History 101”
- 8. Country singer Robin Bolden – www.mp3.com/robinbolden – “American”
- 9. Electronic artist Trance-Plant – www.mp3.com/trance-plant – “Unity”
- 10. Classical musicians INDEPENDENCE DAY MUSIC – www.mp3.com/independenceday – “YANKEE DOODLE DANDY VARIATIONS”
- 11. Country musician Mark Hermann – www.mp3.com/MarkHermann – “America the Beautiful”
- 12. World/folk artist xcultures – www.mp3.com/xcultures – “One World One People – Original”
- 13. Electronic artist Cherry Pop – www.mp3.com/Cherry_Pop – “The National Anthem”