Matchbox Twenty has announced the dates for their upcoming North American tour. The band wrapped up a 10-week tour in July and will hit the road for a North American tour starting September 24 in Tallahassee, Florida. In between, however, Matchbox Twenty will play seven European shows.
Guitarist Adam Gaynor revealed that for Matchbox Twenty, touring is hardly a chore. “I think there’s nothing more fun and exhilarating than your own crowd in an indoor setting that’s there to see you, you know what I mean?” Gaynor said. “But when you’re doing your own show they’re there for you and they’re like giving you 100 percent like you’re giving them, and that’s just the greatest feeling.”
For the sixteenth straight week, the group’s “Unwell” holds on to Number One on the Billboard Adult Top 40 chart. Their latest release “Bright Lights” debuted at Number 30 last week.
Matchbox Twenty Tour Dates (Subject To Change):
- September 24 – Tallahassee, FL – Leon County Civic Center
- September 26 – Greenville, SC – Bi Lo Center
- September 27 – Wilmington, NC – Trask Coliseum
- September 28 – Winston-Salem, NC – Lawrence Joel Veterans Mem. Col.
- October 1 – Portland, ME – Cumberland Civic Center
- October 3 – Halifax, NS – Halifax Metro Centre
- October 4 – St. John, NB – Harbour Station
- October 6 – Ottawa, ON – Corel Centre
- October 7 – London, ON – John Labatt Centre
- October 8 – Hamilton, ON – Copps Coliseum