Live have lined up a series of headlining tour dates for the fall. The band will wrap their stint on Jane’s Addiction’s Jubilee trek on October 6th, before starting their own tour with an October 7th show in Mobile, Alabama. The group will venture to Europe for a handful of dates mid-month before returning to the road in the U.S. and wrapping the tour up in Sunrise, Florida on November 16th.
Meanwhile, Live has an unlikely hit on their hands with “Overcome,” which was not intended to be the first single from their new album, V. Nonetheless, the song has turned into an anthem of sorrow and triumph for everyone affected by the September 11th terrorist attacks in New York, Washington and Pittsburgh, and the band has made both the song and the video available on their Web site, www.friendsoflive.com.
The video was put together by Live fans, who used footage of the destruction in New York and the rescue efforts by the New York Police and Fire Departments, and broadcast on the Web site CameraPlanet.com.
Live Tour Dates:
- 10/7 – Mobile, AL, Mobile Bayfest
- 10/8 – Atlanta, Philips Arena
- 10/15 – New York, Madison Square Garden
- 10/16 – East Rutherford, NJ, Continental Airlines Arena
- 10/19 – Pittsburgh, Mellon Arena
- 10/20 – Auburn Hills, MI, Palace of Auburn Hills
- 10/21 – Rosemont, IL, Allstate Arena
- 10/23 – St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center
- 10/26 – Los Angeles, Wiltern Theater
- 10/28 – Las Vegas, House Of Blues
- 10/29 – San Francisco, The Warfield
- 11/1 – Dallas, Bronco Bowl
- 11/2 – New Orleans, McAlister Auditorium
- 11/5 – Elmira, NY Emerson Hall
- 11/6 – New York, Roseland
- 11/8 – Chicago, Congress Theatre
- 11/13 – Atlanta, Tabernacle
- 11/16 – Sunrise, FL Sunrise Musical