As troubled as her All for You tour may have been, Janet Jackson has decided to take it back out on the road. The singer will perform 10 dates across the U.S. in January and February, culminating with a Hawaii show on February 17 to be broadcast live on HBO.
The first All for You trek seemed plagued by problems from the moment it began – or the moment it was supposed to begin. Opening night was postponed because an important part of her stage equipment didn’t arrive at the venue on time. Later, dates were canceled after Jackson needed emergency dental work and caught the flu.
The extension of the tour, which wrapped in late October, will begin January 25 in Louisville, Kentucky, and cross the Midwest to the East Coast. Tickets for some of the shows – this time hitting smaller cities like Uncasville, Connecticut – go on sale Saturday.
Jackson’s HBO special, “Janet Jackson: All for You: Live in Concert From Hawaii,” will be broadcast from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. It will be the singer’s second live concert for HBO.
The pop star, who received the Artist Achievement award at Tuesday’s Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, was scheduled to tour Europe in November and December but canceled because of safety concerns following the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Jackson’s All for You debuted atop the Billboard 200 albums chart when it was released in April.
Janet Jackson Tour Dates, According To Her Spokesperson:
- 1/25 – Louisville, KY – Freedom Hall
- 1/26 – Champaign, IL – Assembly Hall
- 1/30 – Grand Rapids, MI – Van Andel Arena
- 2/1 – State College, PA – Bryce Jordan Center
- 2/2 – Atlantic City, NJ – Trump Taj Mahal
- 2/5 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
- 2/6 – Nassau, NY – Nassau Coliseum
- 2/8 – Wilkes-Barre, PA – First Union Arena
- 2/9 – Hampton, VA – Hampton Coliseum
- 2/17 – Honolulu, HI – Aloha Stadium