Los Angeles – Punk trio Green Day, up for six prizes at the Grammy Awards on Sunday will launch a five-week North American arena tour on April 15, the group’s Reprise Records label said.
The 27-date trek, heavy on college towns, begins in Coral Gables, Fla. at the University of Miami’s Convocation Center, and wraps May 20 at the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary.
Green Day will perform during the Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and will then play New Zealand, Australia and Japan in March.
Their Grammy nominations include album of the year and rock album for “American Idiot,” and song of the year, rock performance, rock song and music video, all for the title track.
Here are the dates:
- April 15 – Coral Gables, Fla., Convocation Center
- April 16 – Orlando, Fla., TD Waterhouse Center
- April 18 – Tampa, Fla., USF Sundome
- April 19 – Jacksonville, Fla., Veterans Memorial Arena
- April 20 – Charlotte, N.C., Crickett Arena
- April 22 – Norfolk, Va., Constant Convocation Center
- April 23 – Pittsburgh, Pa., Mellon Arena
- April 24 – Atlantic City, N.J., Mark G. Etess Arena
- April 25 – Albany, N.Y., Pepsi Arena
- April 27 – Vestal, N.y., Binghamton University
- April 28 – Portland, Me., Cumberland County Civic Center
- April 29 – Manchester, N.H. Verizon Wireless Arena
- April 30 – Amherst, Mass., Mullins Center
- May 2 – Quebec City, Colisee Pepsi
- May 4 – London, Ont., John Labatt Center
- May 5 – Columbus, Ohio, Schottenstein Center
- May 6 – Cleveland, Ohio, CSU Convocation Center
- May 7 – Grand Rapids, Mich., Van Andel Arena
- May 9 – Madison, Wisc., Alliant Energy Center
- May 10 – Peoria, Il., Peoria Civic Center
- May 11 – Cedar Rapids, Iowa, US Cellular Center
- May 13 – St. Louis, Mo., Sawis Center
- May 14 – Kansas City, Mo., Kemper Arena
- May 15 – Omaha, Neb., Qwest Center
- May 17 – Winnipeg, MTS Center
- May 19 – Edmonton, Rexall Place
- May 20 – Calgary, Pengrowth Saddledome