Sony’s “Spider-Man” soundtrack, due April 30, has snared Aerosmith to cover the film’s main theme, Billboard.com has learned. The set also features first single “What We’re All About (The Original Version)” by Sum 41 and second single “Hero,” performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly.
Also confirmed for the set are a mix of new and previously released tracks from Alien Ant Farm, Default, Slipknot principal Corey Taylor, Pete Yorn, and Macy Gray. Gray, whose track “My Nutmeg Phantasy” was remixed by Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello, also makes a cameo in the film, which stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst and is due May 3 in U.S. theaters.
Composer Danny Elfman penned the main title theme and the track “Farewell.” The soundtrack opens with the original “Theme From Spider-Man,” which dates back to the popular ’60s cartoon show.
Here Is The Tracklist For The “Spider-Man” Soundtrack:
- “Theme From Spider Man” – original version
- “Hero,” Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott
- “What We’re All About – The Original Version,” Sum 41
- “Learn To Crawl,” Black Lab
- “Somebody Else,” Bleu
- “Bug Bytes,” Alien Ant Farm
- “Blind,” Default
- “Bother,” Corey Taylor
- “Shelter,” Greenwheel
- “When It Started,” the Strokes
- “Hate To Say I Told You So,” the Hives
- “Invisible Man,” Theory Of A Dead Man
- “Undercover,” Pete Yorn
- “My Nutmeg Phantasy – Tom Morello remix” Macy Gray
- “I-IV-V,” Injected
- “She Was My Girl,” Jerry Cantrell
- “Main Titles,” Danny Elfman
- “Farewell,” Danny Elfman
- “Theme From Spider Man,” Aerosmith