PVRIS are heading towards a brand new record release. That record is going to be called EVERGREEN and is going to be dropping this Summer. Set to be one of the most empowering and honest pieces of work that Lyndsey Gunnulfsen has put out, it should be high on your MUST-LISTEN list. And if you need a good reason for why it should be, then you need to listen to their new track.
That track is “LOVE IS A…”, and it is sensational. Haunting pop at its most emotional and evocative, it’s a bop to end all of the bops. Full of bristling melodies and off-kilter strings, it’s one of the slower pieces to be found on the record but a welcome one.
A song that Lyndsey says is inspired by, “by the French phrase ‘la petite mort’ aka the ‘little death‘”, here it is:
EVERGREEN will be released on July 14th via Hopeless Records.
Here’s the previous single, “GODDESS”:
PVRIS will be hitting the road with Poppy across the US this Summer. Here are all the dates:
- Aug 18 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
- Aug 19 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
- Aug 22 – San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom
- Aug 24 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
- Aug 25 – Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
- Aug 26 – Las Vegas, NV @ Brooklyn Bowl
- Aug 28 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
- Aug 29 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- Sept 01 – San Antonio, TX @ Aztec Theatre
- Sept 02 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues
- Sept 03 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Tower Theatre
- Sept 06 – Kansas City, MO @ The Truman
- Sept 07 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- Sept 09 – St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- Sept 10 – Columbus, OH @ KEMBA Live!
- Sept 13 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Roxian Theatre
- Sept 14 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
- Sept 15 – Toronto, ON @ History