Gouge Away are one of the more fascinating bands in hardcore. Capable of creating sounds that are both blisteringly frenzied as well as desolatingly dark, you never know what they are going to do next. And that sentiment is the same with this, their first new music in three years.
The track in question is called “Idealized” and serves as a follow-up to the 2020 double-header of “Consider” and “Waves of Mutilation”. Much like those two tracks, it deals in incredible tension, keeping you on your toes with every twist and turn. Flowery, fierce and off-kilter in all the best ways, it’s a slow-burning epic that creeps up the spine before ripping it clean out your back.
The band had this to say about it:
“We wrote this song in a Florida storage unit, somewhere on the timeline between tons of touring and the world shutting down. It’s a culmination of everything we like and always wanted to write, and fits the vibe of where we were at mentally at the time.
‘Idealized’ almost never saw the light of day but we like this song so much we felt the need to properly record it and put it out into the world. We have been absolutely dying to play it live.”
Gouge Away will also be hitting the road for a series of shows in the Summer. Here are the dates:
- July 28 – Miami, FL @ Gramps
- July 29 – Orlando, FL @ Will’s Pub
- July 30 – Atlanta, GA @ Aisle 5
- July 31 – Nashville, TN @ DRKMTTR
- Aug 02 – Richmond, VA @ Richmond Music Hall
- Aug 03 – Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery
- Aug 04 – Philadelphia, PA @ Ukie Club
- Aug 05 – Brooklyn, NY @ Market Hotel
- Aug 06 – Boston, MA @ Deep Cuts