Lyrically, “Love’s Not Your Thing” is a deeply personal and introspective track that explores the challenges of love and relationships. The acoustic version emphasizes the emotional weight of the lyrics with vocalist Trey Miller‘s delivery exuding honesty and relatability, which aim to convey a sense of vulnerability and self-reflection. The stripped-down arrangement allows Miller’s vocals to take center stage, delivering a captivating and heartfelt performance that captures the same lightning-in-a-bottle feeling as the original.
The deconstructed version retains the edgy and raw energy of the original track but with a more intimate soundscape. The acoustic guitars provide a simple yet effective accompaniment with intricate layering and adding to the emotional impact of the song. Check out Cherie Amour’s acoustic rendition of “Love’s Not Your Thing” below.
Cherie Amour is set to join Ryan Oakes and LAYTO on the North American leg of the “Wake Up” tour, which kicks off on May 14 in Phoenix, AZ. You can check out the group’s full touring schedule below and grab tickets to see them live here.
- May 14—Phoenix, AZ @ The Rebel Lounge
- May 16—Dallas, TX @ Cheapsteaks
- May 17—Nashville, TN @ DRKMTTR
- May 18—Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade – Purgatory
- May 21—Richmond, VA @ The Camel
- May 23—Philadelphia, PA @ MilkBoy Philly
- May 24—Brooklyn, NY @ Baby’s All Right
- May 25—Vienna, VA @ Jammin’ Java
- May 26—Pittsburgh, PA @ Thunderbird Cafe
- May 27—Chicago, IL @ Cobra Lounge
- May 30—Denver, CO @ Globe Hall
- May 31—Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Lounge
- June 1—Las Vegas, NV @ Griffin
- June 2—Los Angeles, CA @ Peppermint Cafe