‘NSYNC were the public’s preference for Favorite Musical Group at the 28th People’s Choice Awards, while folks favored a more country feel for their favorite individual artists. The pop quintet received one of only three musical awards doled out Sunday at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. Faith Hill and Garth Brooks were named Favorite Female and Male Musical Performers.
In all, 18 awards were given out in film, television and movie categories. Actor Tom Hanks walked off with the most movie honors – Favorite Motion Picture Star and Favorite Motion Picture Star in a Drama – while “Friends” took the lead in the broadcast medium, with the show being dubbed Favorite Comedy Series and its star, Jennifer Aniston, as Favorite Female Television Performer.
Nominees and winners for the People’s Choice Awards were determined by a nationwide poll conducted by the Gallup Organization.
Complete List Of People’s Choice Winners:
- Musical Group or Band – ‘NSYNC
- Female Musical Performer – Faith Hill
- Male Musical Performer – Garth Brooks
- Motion Picture – “Shrek”
- Motion Picture Star in a Comedy – Eddie Murphy
- Motion Picture Star in a Drama – Tom Hanks
- Motion Picture Star – Tom Hanks
- Motion Picture Actress – Julia Roberts
- Male Television Performer – tie Kelsey Grammer, “Frasier” Ray Romano, “Everybody Loves Raymond”
- Female Television Performer – Jennifer Aniston, “Friends”
- Male Performer in a New Television Series – Damon Wayans, “My Wife and Kids”
- Female Performer in a New Television Series – Reba McEntire, “Reba”
- Television Comedy Series – “Friends”
- Television Dramatic Series – “ER”
- New Television Comedy Series – “My Wife and Kids”
- New Television Dramatic Series – “Alias”
- Reality-Based Television Program – “Survivor – The Australian Outback”
- Daytime Dramatic Series – “Days of Our Lives”