It’s no surprise that when Three Days Grace‘s original vocalist Adam Gontier parted ways with the group in 2013, fans were arguably devastated. Now, nearly 10 years after Gontier’s abrupt departure from Three Days Grace ahead of their co-headline tour with Shinedown, he has reunited with the group to perform two iconic songs from their 2006 album One-X.
Last night, Gontier joined the band, who have moved on with Matt Walst on lead vocals, in Huntsville, AL for a surprise performance. Gontier jumped on stage for the band’s final two songs of their 10-track set and shared vocal duties with Walst for “Riot” and “Never Too Late.” Of course, the irony of this monumental moment is that Three Days Grace is currently on the road supporting Shinedown.
In a post shared on the band’s Instagram following the performance, they wrote, “Soooo we did a thing,” accompanied by a photo of the group with Gontier.
In an interview with Rock Feed last summer, Gontier shared that a reunion with his former band wasn’t out of the question. “It would be a lot of fun…We haven’t really talked about doing anything — not yet anyway — but I feel like something like that is most likely down the road at some point…You never know, man. We haven’t really talked about it. But, yeah, I guess we’ll see.”
- April 21—Memphis, TN @ FedExForum
- April 22—Baton Rouge, LA @ Raising Cane’s River Center
- April 24—Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
- April 25—Lincoln, NE @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
- April 27—Ft. Wayne, IN @ Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
- April 29—Milwaukee, WI @ Fiserv Forum
- April 30—Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- May 3—Bozeman, MT @ Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
- May 6—Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena
- May 7—Everett, WA @ Angel of the Winds Arena
- May 9—Portland, OR @ Moda Center