Ozzy And Sharon Osbourne Escape Early Morning Blaze

By | March 31, 2005 at 12:00 AM

A fire broke out Friday at Ozzy Osbourne’s Buckinghamshire mansion, causing considerable damage to the home. No one was reported injured during the blaze, but Ozzy and his wife, Ozzfest mastermind Sharon Osbourne, were treated for smoke inhalation, as were two of their employees, according to Reuters.

Heavy metal’s first couple was stirred from bed when fire alarms started sounding late that evening. Fire officials initially suspected the blaze, which ripped through the family’s living room, may have been due to an electrical problem. But fire investigators have since revised their findings, saying now that heat from a fireplace ignited wood paneling.

The extent of the fire was not immediately apparent, but early estimates suggest the conflagration generated thousands of dollars in smoke, heat and water damage before firefighters managed to snuff it out.

The couple’s youngest children, Jack and Kelly, were not inside the home when the fire started. Officials did say that as Ozzy and Sharon fled into the countryside estate’s garden, they managed to scoop up their pets, carrying the creatures to safety.

The quick response of local firefighters did help salvage the home from complete destruction.

According to Reuters, Sharon told British tabloid The Sun that she was devastated by this latest upset to the Osbourne kith. This fall, the same mansion was targeted by burglars who managed to pilfer more than $4 million in jewelry. In 2003, Ozzy was injured in an off-roading accident on Buckinghamshire grounds.

“I am beginning to wonder when this bad luck’s ever going to stop,” Sharon Osbourne said. “We went into the living room and saw smoke coming from behind the wood paneling. In a few seconds, the whole room filled with this dreadful black smoke. We could see great big flames leaping up. We thought, ‘shit,’ and ran for it.”

Related Content